Saturday, July 01, 2017

The Missing Item to your Eye Looks are the PÜR Cosmetics Eye Polishes*


The PÜR Cosmetics Eye Polishes were sent to me as a PR Gift. I have to admit. I know very little about the brand, myself. But after getting to play with the PÜR Cosmetics Eye Polishes, I have to say my first impressions of the brand is a good one! These eye polishes are the perfect additions to any makeup look and they are sensational to add as a topper and/as a base! I could not believe how much I had loved them after one play.

These Eye Polishes are said to be a "crease-proof eyeshadow base and topper that provides a luminous metallic sheen. It has an eye-opening formula glides on with a pro precision and builds with exceptional ease with the use of the enclosed latex-free silicone applicator."

 Each product is contained in a clear hard plastic jar.
In each jar, there is a mesh net that separates the product and allows an even distribution of product to dispense through the net. The mesh is very flexible and elastic and is able to sustain a lot of pressure when you are pressing against it. The mesh also creates a more hygienic way of getting out product and for you to not over do it with the producr as well.

Left to Right: Satin, Cashmere, Suede & Velvet

Now let's talk about the formula. I very much enjoyed the texture and the consistency of the product, but I found it to also be a hit and miss as well. For the darker shades, it was very easy to over do it with the product and it was quite hard to layer as well. The more product you had used, the higher the possibility of the product flaking. However, for the lighter shades, I did not have this problem and they were easier to use. The reason for this is that the lighter shades from what I was gifted had a wetter consistency compared to the mousse like consistency of the darker shades, which had dried faster and had given me less time to blend and play with.

This product is not marketed as an eyeshadow pigment or colour, but rather as a topper and eyeshadow base. So I cannot fault on its ability to an eyeshadow but as a base, it was not the best formula to layer on top. It was too dry or dried to a consistency that was to dry and anything that was blended or applied on top just did not work. The base would slowly come off with every blend and as a disclaimer, I am not heavy handed with my makeup. Not at all.

On the bright side, it was an extremely beautiful topper for any makeup look. The perfect finishing touch to add that dimension of sheen that lays on the top of your eyelook. It can lay on top of any formula or medium; from powder, creams and liquids; it can go on top of anything. I suggest working with very little product and to slowly layer on the product where you wish to add the sheen. When a thin layer is applied, it definitely lives up to its crease-proof title and the sheen does last a long time. I do love how it captures the perfect lighting the opens my eyes up, making it look bigger than it really does.

You can use your fingers, which is my most preferred method, with a very dense flat top or shader brush or with the latex-free silicone brush that comes with the product. Either method of application would work well with the product.



Each jar contains 8 ml (0.27 fl oz.) of product, which is a very generous amount against the price of $35 AUD ($26 USD) considering how it is meant to just add that metallic sheen to your base or as a topper. In Australia, PÜR Cosmetics is hard to find in stores and in counters, but lucky for you, Myer stores have them both online and in stores!

As always beauties, thank you so much for reading!

Disclaimer: These products were gifted to me from PR. I was not obliged to write this post. It was only for consideration. I was not paid or compensated to write this post. Everything mentioned or stated were based on my own personal experience with the brand and the product. All thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and genuine. 
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig