Sunday, April 09, 2017

Benefit Cosmetics "Dandelion Twinkle" Highlighter Review



Lately, I have had a huge obsession over highlighters and it included the NEW Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Twinkle Highlighter. When I saw this highlighter, the allure of its packaging, shade and overall look had just drawn me in with such intensity. It was one of those "instagram made me buy it" kind of moment, but I was not disappointed! Granted that I have had this for only a few days, it was worth blogging about straight away! It is just the perfect, versatile, powdered highlighter that had just come out from Benefit Cosmetics! 


There is nothing like it in the Benefit Range and I am so thrilled to see that they had released this. And since Benefit Cosmetics encourages natural beauty, this highlighter just fits perfectly into their mantra. The formula of this highlighter had reminded me a lot of the 01 Highlighter by Laura Mercier. It has a super-fine, baked-like and sheer texture that is delicate, providing a subtle to buildable shimmer on the skin. It is very light and has an incredible soft radiance, as though you have healthy skin - glowing from within. 


It is said to be able to be paired with your favourite blush or powder to add that extra radiance and luminosity to your skin. The Dandelion Twinkle has the same undertones as its blush sister, Dandelion blush that is part of the permanent blush range offered by Benefit Cosmetics. 

What I love most about this highlighter is that it is perfect to wear everyday. It is not over the top and gives such a natural, beautiful glow that everyone desires. This highlighter also has a gentle signature "dandy daydream scent with notes of delicate blossoms" which is perfect for you to get into the mood for the day. 

It is recommended that the Dandelion Twinkle is paired with the Watts Up Highlighter for an added boost of glimmer to the highpoints of your cheeks. And as reference, here is a comparison of the Dandelion Twinkle to the cult favourite highlighter from Benefit Cosmetics, Watt's Up. 


Left to Right: Dandelion Twinkle - Watt's Up

 As you can see, the Dandelion, has a soft peachy, nude pink shade that is perfect for all skin types. You can not only wear it as a highlighter, but also as a luminous powder to brighten dull areas of your face, such as under your eyes, forehead, chin and so on. 

When using it with a brush, there is very little kickup, and you get a perfect application of highlighter on your skin. What I actually dislike is the brush that came with the Dandelion Twinkle. I wish it was a little more softer and gentle on the skin. It feels quite coarse and as you dip the brush to the product, it does leave scratch marks. I suggest using a soft, yet slightly denser brush such as the F03 Sigma Beauty Cheekbone Highlighting brush or the F35 Sigma Beauty Tapered Highlighting. These brushes have the perfect density and softness you need for the application of this highlighter. 


The Dandelion Twinkle retails for $52 AUD ($32 USD) at all your local Benefit Cosmetics Counters as well as Sephora Australia both online and in-stores. If you want something extra on your cheeks for that everyday, natural glow from within, I highly recommend the Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Twinkle! It's a definite must have for the all highlighter fanatics or my girls who want a little something-something!

Thanks for reading! Where will my wallet go to next? Any recommendations? Please leave me a message below! 

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post was purchased by me. All images are originally taken by me. I was not sponsored nor compensated to make this post. This post was made for the benefit of my readers. All thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and genuine and are based on my own personal experience with the product. 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig