Saturday, October 15, 2016

Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick*

The drugstores better be ready for a new strong contender! Essence is bring in new guns into the drugstore field and they're not playing games. The New Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick is just phenomenal! It's extremely affordable and it is proof that Essence can bring the drugstore game for under $5! 

What I find most amazing about these lipsticks is the creaminess and texture of these lipsticks. They are extremely comfortable to wear. The best way I can describe these lipsticks is that they're a cross between a creamy matt lipstick and a sheer lipstick. It has the colour of a matt lipstick, with its buildable colour but it has the creamy, smooth texture of a sheer lipstick. These lipsticks are part of their permanent collection and I am so glad that they are here to stay for the long haul. 



Each lipstick comes in a circular twist up, traditional lipstick tube, with a semi-transparent, matte lid, similar to that of Maybelline Lipsticks. I actually really enjoy the packaging of these lipsticks in comparison to their current range. It looks more appealing and something that I definitely see being a big hit in stores! 

Left to Right: 02 Perfect Match, 07 Purple Power 
Left to Right: 02 Perfect Match, 07 Purple Power
These lipsticks claim to be a light, creamy textured lipstick that unites a high colour-dispersion with a matt finish. When I had heard the name and saw the emphasis on "matt", I expected a complete matte finish but these lipsticks have a satin to demi matte finish. After the first few seconds of application, it has a satin finish like most traditional lipsticks on the market are like. But after a minute or two, it dries down into a demi matte finish. It has a slight shine to it when reflected in certain lights. 

I enjoy the comfortable feel it has on my lips but with the darker shade, it did accentuate my dry areas and the more I applied, the product started to build onto the dry areas, as creamy formulas do. The nude shades are more flattering to wear when having chapped or dry lips, as it doesn't show as much This however, does not indicate that the formula is drying or anything, it's just makes it more apparent of my dryness. I suggest when wearing the darker shades, you wear it over a lip pencil to increase the longevity of the colour and ease of application. 

These lipsticks lasts for about 5 hours, without eating or drinking. But let's be honest, I'm constantly doing both and these lipsticks needed to be reapplied after it gets disturbed - which I don't mind at all.  One of the best things about this as well is the amazing sweet smell! I cannot stop smelling it from the tube. 


Essence is the most affordable brand on the market keeping these lipsticks at a low cost of $4.70 AUD for each lipstick! That's just under $5 and you get such a great performing lipstick that gives you rich colour that feels absolutely comfortable on the lips. It's creamy and smooth and what you need to add to your handbag! It can be found anywhere that stocks up Essence products, such as Priceline. 

These lipsticks are being released with some new items from Essence as well as part of the Spring and Summer launches in Australia. In this release, it includes some new products such as the Extreme Lasting Eye Pencil, the Rock N Doll Duo Stylist Eyeliner Pen, the False Lashes Dramatic Volume Mascara, the Matt Matt Matt Lip Gloss and so on... I am excited to get the chance to try all of these products. 



Disclaimer:
I was not paid or sponsored to talk about these products. This is my genuine thoughts on all the products. This post has not been compensated or compromised in any way. These products were gifted to me. I was not pressured nor obliged to make this blog post. My opinions and thoughts have and will always remain true to my own word and are based on my own experiences. All links provided are purely for reader's convenience and information only! 





Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig