Friday, August 12, 2016

Rodial Skincare Instaglam Compact Deluxe Powders - Contour, Bronzer and Banana*


Rodial Skincare is well-known for the amazing production of skincare products that can be found in your local Priceline stores, here in Australia. In one of my past blog post on their O2 Snake Serum that provides instantaneous results to the skin, I had mentioned my strong admiration for their skincare. But now I'm here to talk about my strong admiration for their cosmetic line. Considering how they know what the skin needs, it's only fitting that they be the creators of a cosmetic line too. I'm already in love with their Glamobrow pencil in ash brown, and I am also in love with their Instaglam Compact Deluxe Powders. 

Left to Right: Contour, Bronze and Banana

These powders are miracle workers! They are smooth to the touch, smooth to blend and smooth to apply! They are incredibly flattering when worn on the skin and very lightweight. These versatile powders are soft and highly pigmented. There is no kick-up when you dip your brush into the compact, which means mess-free! It is not patchy to apply and it does last for a long time, and even longer when used with a primer or setting spray. It is extremely easy to build up colour and a little does go a long way. My favourite of the bunch is the banana powder. 

All the compacts come in this luxury circular silver-metal case that has a strong, smooth leather on the lid. It has a very nice mirror inside with the signature logo at the front. This product has been circling around instagram for a while and for good reason. This product not only looks good itself, it'll make you look good as well!

Left to Right: Contour, Bronze, Banana

Contour 



It is quite difficult to find the perfect shadow-like contour shade on the market, but look no further. The Instaglam Compact Deluxe Contour Powder is just what you need. It is the perfect neutral shade that mimics the natural shadows on your face, flawlessly. Once you apply and blend the product onto your skin, it will allow you to have a sculpted face that only photoshop can give you. 

This contour powder is the truest contour shade you will find on the market. It is not warm, and has a cool-tone pigments that you need. You cannot contour with a bronzer. It will not give you the desired shape you are aiming for - though makeup should be about enhancing your natural features. I personally use this to contour the sides of my nose (very lightly), the jawline, the temples and just under the cheekbones. I have even used it to contour the shape of my eyes. If you're a Kim K fan, she loves this compact as well!

Bronze


The bronze compact got me by surprise. The formula didn't catch me by surprise, because I already know it was great. But the shade had completely fooled me. Looking on from the compact, it does look intensely orange - almost frightening. But when applied to the skin, it magically allows your skin to have this added skin-kiss bronze that looks natural and seamless. It does slightly change accordingly to your skintone and it's what makes it so great!

It is a matte shade that leans to the warm side. Like its sister, it is easy to blend, smooth to the touch and perfect in every way. I use this around the temples, a light dusting over the cheeks and nose and whatever is left on the brush, I dust it across my jawline. It does tie up my look very nicely!

Banana


My favourite til last! This banana compact has changed the way I see banana powders. Despite having warm, undertones and yellow-skin, I still hated using banana powders to highlight. It looked extremely cakey, overly highlightly and unnatural. However, with this banana compact, it is absolutely made for dummies and professionals!

Banana powders are essentially used for many reasons, such as prevent creasing, colour correct some redness, baking, highlighting and so on. The problem with most banana powders is that they are too heavily pigmented that it shows through the skin and it becomes very unflattering, making the skin look over highlighted and at times, accentuates the fine lines and wrinkles. The Rodial Skincare Banana powder is a delicate, matte powder that is lightweight and is finely made. This means you will get a natural finish on the skin, while having the seamless highlighted effects that a banana powder should. The great thing about this banana powder is that it aids an alternative way of light-baking, for ALL SKIN TONES!

There are two ways that I use this powder. Since my skin is yellow-toned, I can easily use it as a setting powder when lightly dusted over my face, especially in my T-Zone. It does prevent my concealer and foundation from creasing. I can also use it as a highlight, especially under the eyes and put a few more layers on for that highlighted effect. It does not cake, nor does it look "fake". Absolutely love this powder!


I highly, highly, highly recommend these powders! I never toss the word "holy grail" lightly, but these are truly deserving of that title. They are just phenomenal and amazing to work with. Luxury packaging, sensational formula and amazing application. You cannot beat something that is already beyond perfect. These compacts can only be purchased online at www.rodial.co.uk for $52 GBP, which is approximately $87 AUD. A hefty price, but totally worth it! It beats Kat Von D and it beats Anastasia Beverly Hills, which I spent a good dollar on.



Disclaimer: These products were gifted to me, but I was not sponsored, nor compensated for this post. I was not obliged to make a post. It was in mine and my reader's best interest to do so. All opinions and thoughts were based on my personal experience. Everything said is 100% honest. 


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig