Thursday, June 16, 2016

Kiko Colour Fever Eyeshadow Palette in 101 Coral Burgundy


KIKO Cosmetics is not a very well-known cosmetic company, especially in the depths of Australian soil. Kiko is an Italian Cosmetic brand that has given affordable makeup a whole new meaning. They retail across many countries, including the US, Hong Kong, Denmark...and so on. They have a huge line of makeup ranging from eyeshadows, lipsticks, powders and they even produce skincare items as well. I am very new to KIKO but my friend Hannie from "thehanihanii" had convinced me to give trust in the brand and I am happy to report the trust was rightfully placed.

I received this eyeshadow quad from Hannie as a gift and the packaging was just so sleek and compact. From an instagrammer's point of view, this compact was just so photogenic. It has a sleek, matte exterior with a nice mirror inside. There is four pans inserted ranging from a light to a darker shade. The eyeshadows are not labelled which is a shame but there's really only four so I can why they left it out. There is a total of four shade selections to choose which are, 100 Unexpected Rosy Taupe, 101 Coral Burgundy, 102 Jungle Green Variations and 103 Grey Night Blue. From what I can tell from the website, all the palette have the same theme but different tones of shades.

When swatching this quad, it did not impress me as much as I thought it would. But finger swatches aren't always the most accurate way to measure the performance of the baked eyeshadows, especially if you are using a brush to apply your eyeshadows. On application, I can tell you that these eyeshadows took me by surprise. Depending on the kind of brush you would used, the intensity of the colour varies - as most eyeshadows do. With a dense brush, the pigmentation was just beautiful! And with a fluffier brush, it was just stunning to blend and diffuse the colours. However, the shades in the quad weren't exactly true to colour. It came off deeper and warmer than I had expected. I honestly do not mind the difference because I love my warm tones, but this might be a problem for others.


1st shade - a pearly slightly golden champagne shade 
2nd shade - a deep coral-pink with a sheen
3rd shade - a true burgundy shade with a sheen
4th shade - a deep, warm purple-brown satin shade

All the shadows have some kind of shimmer reflects but for the deeper shades, it doesn't entirely transfer to the lid. I love the colour range in the quad, but I honestly think it's missing a good transition shade that could be the intermediate for the user to transform a daytime to a nighttime look. The right transition or matte shade would allow people to have a wider range of possibilities and cater to a large population of people, especially beginners.  


The formula in this palette allow the shadows to be used wet or dry. So by spritzing some fix plus or a mist after your pick up some product, it would greatly intensify the shadows. A great thing about this baked formula is that there isn't a layer of residue sitting on the surface of the shadows and I can greatly appreciate the quality. The shadows not only blend nicely and provide great pigmentation and it lasts for hours, except for the lightest shade. It had faded quite quickly in comparison to the others. But considering that these eyeshadows are baked, there was some fall out for all the shades. Nonetheless, for the price point of this palette, it gives beginners and people on a budget a great alternative brand to use without forking out too much money.


Kiko can be found across 34 nations, as well as visiting their online store at www.kikocosmetics.com. This palette retails for $20 USD ($26.99 AUD current conversion of 16/06/16). Be sure to check out their website if you're interested in trying or looking at their other range.

As always, shoot me a comment if you want to know more or give me some tips and tricks you learnt using this palette!


Disclaimer: This palette was gifted to me by a friend. I was not sponsored or compensated to make this review. All thoughts and opinions are honest and 100% true based on my personal experience. All links provided are for information purposes and for the convenience of the reader only. 


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig