Sunday, May 08, 2016

Current Wishlist: Part 1


I consider myself as a hardcore makeup junkie. Some days I can be well-behaved and not even take a wink at makeup online. But other days, it's a real struggle to not click on that "checkout" button. So as a healthy and bankrupt-less way keeping my urges at bay, I'll be featuring some makeup items that I "think" I need, as well as bring alight some items you may be interested in as well. In the post, it will include not only makeup, but skincare items, accessories or tools.

Artis Brushes


Let's start off with my most recent hardcore obsession. You might have seen these special "toothbrush" makeup brushes circling around the social medias. Now, I don't want these brushes... I need them! I am a die-hard makeup brush addict, but these brushes are beyond innovative, as well as cost-effective. They may be costly individually, but the way I see is... if it saves me money on buying other products, such as foundations, creams, liquids... why not? It's a long-term investment!

These brushes are described to be soft, dense and easy to use (with a slight learning curve). Out of the whole range, I definitely want to grab my hands on the following-

  • Face Oval 6 Brush
  • Face Oval 7 Brush (WANT THE MOST)
  • Face Oval 8 Brush
  • Eye Circle 1 Brush
The other brushes I could probably live without - but these need to be in my collection ASAP! The brushes range from $80-90 for a face brush, so you can see why I'm hesitating to buy them at the moment. It's just not in my budget at the moment. But one day... I will have them. 

GlamGlow Peel Off Mask

I recently discovered this over on YouTube, where most of my addiction stemmed from. If you have been following me on instagram @biscuitsnmakeup, you would have noticed my huge obsession over peel off masks. I just love that satisfying feeling of peeling that layer of product off the skin. And if you can see the impurities, dirt or dead skin cells on the sheet of mask, it is even better! I just love the experience.

With this GlamGlow Mask, it's very interesting and very different to the other types of masks out there which are commonly used to just unclog and peel off the layer of dead skin cells from your skin. This peel off mask helps to firm and brighten up your skin as well. And it is something I look for in masks. I am hoping to grab my hands on this so I can truly see if it works or not. I am very intrigued. Now what's special about this mask also is that the product turns silver when dry! How crazy is that? 

Laura Mercier Candleglow



When it comes to Laura Mercier, I fall head over heels very fast. Their brand is all about supporting the everyday woman to embrace in their natural beauty and bring their best features forward. This Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation is a foundation that is lightweight and luminous foundation. When I swatched this in stores, it was just love at first sight. But at the time, I just didn't have it in my budget to go purchase this.

This foundation claims to give the skin a glow for both day and night time. It also contains purified water to give the skin a burst of hydration. The foundation is said to glide on the skin creating a smooth and radiant look. There is a blend of lightweight oils, keeping in the moisture of your skin, leaving your skin soft and beautiful.

There are 24 available shades to choose from, which is a wide range! I wish I can get my hands on this!

Tarte Cosmetics 'Rainforest of the Sea' Foundation

Just looking at this Tarte Cosmetics foundation makes me weak at the knees. It has stunning package with the dropper applicator and the frosted, glass bottle. Tarte Cosmetics has truly given the makeup industry a chase for their money these last couple of months. They have released some amazing products with an amazing packaging. I am dying for this to come to Australia. Yes, I could easily buy this online. But I rather not waste my money on the wrong shade. I rather be 100% sure when buying a high-end foundation.

This water-based foundation claims to deliver a hydrating feel to the skin with locked in moisture. It is full coverage with an astounding claim on a 12-hour wear. It contains 20% of water to help quench dry skin. It is said to cover redness, dark spots and uneven skin tones, while blurring the pores and fine lines. It is packed with antioxidants, SPF 15 and a hypoallergenic formula that helps to restore, brighten and defend skin from aging and free radical damage. Having to hear all these benefits, not many makeup companies are heavily incorporating skincare into foundation. So I really appreciate Laura Mercier stepping it up.

Laura Mercier Face Illuminators


Another Laura Mercier product - haha! A highly loved highlighting compact that gives the best glow on the skin. I absolutely love everything that this highlighter has to offer and more! Since this compact was such a hit on the shelves, the company has decided to release three other shades to the range. This is so it would cater to different skin tones.

The three new shades are devotion (a light pink, iridescent highlight), addiction (a light golden, champagne shade) and seduction (a golden-bronze shade). These highlights are buildable, pigmented and are long-lasting! What more could you possibly ask for in a highlighter! Cannot wait for stores to stock these babies up!

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette


You have no idea how much I am craving this palette. The shades, the scent and the general too faced brand just add to my total obsession with this palette. I personally don't follow the hype when it comes to these kind of palettes, but I do love the shades that are being released. The pink, peachy shades are just gorgeous, with the additions of the beautiful and appropriate transition shades. Just a beautiful palette that needs my attention!

I own the original and semi-chocolate palette and the quality of those palettes are phenomenal. So fingers crossed, this is the same or better! What's different about this palette is that it doesn't have the two highlighting shades diagonally located at the opposite ends of the palette. I personally liked the concept of that and wished they continued it with this palette. But minor detail.

Fingers crossed this comes soon into Mecca Stores!

Thanks for tuning in fellow beauty junkies!


Disclaimer: I was not sponsored or compensated to mention these products. These are my genuine wants. All pictures provided are not mine. They are owned respectively by the companies and I do not take ownership to them. Pictures and links used are for information purposes only for the convenience of the reader. All thoughts and opinions are of my own and are 100% honest. 






Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig