Friday, February 12, 2016

Favourites: Ep 1!


This first episode of favourites is surprisingly spread out products - from the base to the lips! These products have been continuously been used and loved throughout a considerable amount of time and a little bit before then and then some. All these products have no faults and are so reliable! I don't always wear a full face of makeup, but I just add a little bit here and there to at least look presentable for the day and these were what I always picked up.

Base

Left to Right: IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ in Light, Morphe Cosmetics M527 Brush


I believe a flawless base is what ties all of the other elements together. Having a good canvas to work on makes the makeup look that much better and with the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream in Light and the Morphe M527 Brush made my makeup routine look more natural and flawless!

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ in Light

This CC cream is the perfect base to use for everyday, not only does it even out the colour of your skintone, conceals your imperfections, and give you a natural finish to the skin, but it also provides skincare benefits as well! It has an SPF+ 50 Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB, which will protect you from the Australian Summer and it contains an anti-aging serum that will prevent wrinkles! Truly a CC cream that does it all, ladies!

Another great quality to this product is that, even though there are only 5 shades in the range, the formula slightly adjusts to your skintone. Hence, the colour range is quite forgiving in a sense. I had purchased this at Sephora, last November for $58-$60 AUD. The price is quite high for a CC cream, but it is well over its worth! A little goes a long way and since I have been using this for everyday, I only apply the lightest layer on my skin to just even the colour of my skin, especially around the nose where there is a lot of redness and brighten up my dark areas.

Morphe Cosmetics M527 Brush

There is a lot of hype when it comes to this brush. Desi Perkins, Kim Thai Nguyen, Manny MUA, all rave about this one brush and I didn't understand why until I got to try it on for myself! It makes bronzing, powdering, blushing and even setting a treat! You get an easy, fast and effortless application on the face. Just a few swipes and you're done! 


It is a domed, flat paddle brush that has a lot of give. It has soft, white bristles that is very gentle on the skin. The shape of this one brush makes it so versatile for so many purposes, but I personally love it for bronzing up the face. The fact that it is flat, makes it easier to sculpt out the jawline and travel across the forehead for an easy application. This brush has been a try life saver in the bronzing department and for the price of $22.54 AUD, you just can't go wrong!

Brows


If you have been wondering what I keep my brows on fleek, you don't need to wonder anymore. Here are my secret weapons! These three products have been a total godsend! I very rarely leave the house without my eyebrows on - and it's not because I am self-conscious of my brows, but I just love putting them on.


Nudestix Eyebrow Stylus in Brown

This is a triangular-shaped tip brow pencil that has a strong-hold gel on the other end. This duo pen is just the perfect item for travel or for the on-the-go application. What I love most about this product is that the tip of the pencil is always angled and always gives you a point. 

You can create thin brow or a thick brow depending on which side of the pencil you use and it caters to any brow style that you are in the mood for. The formula is not too creamy, nor too dry and it is waterproof. The pencil allows you to draw on your brow hairs with ease and it still looks very natural. Depending on the pressure you draw on your brows, you can add on the light or heavy strokes and it will still look great!

There are four available shades - blonde, dirty blonde, brown, brown/black - which cater to the majority of people, but I still wish there was more variety. Each product is priced at $34 AUD which includes an eco-packaged collectible tin with a mirror inside. In my opinion, you are getting a 2 for 1 deal on this product, with an included tin that you could use for storage or travel. Great product! 

Rodial Glamobrow in Ash Brown*

I did not expect to like this brow pencil so much. It had just looked like any other brow pencil on the market. What I love about this product is that it allowed me to make my brows look good on a bad day. No matter what weather or event I was in, I could really count on my brows to still be on because it is smear-proof, long-wearing and to my experience, water-resistant as well! It has a soft, semi-creamy texture that is buildable and easy to work with. 

The pencil is retractable and has a small tip to really create those thin hairs, especially at the tail of your brows. At the other end of the pencil, there is a spoolie to help shape and brush out excess product off your brows. There are 3 shades available - ash blonde, ash brown, dark ash brown. Again with this product, I wish there were more variety to play with, but lucky for me my hairs suited the shade selection. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brows Duo Powder in Dark Brown*


I had previously reviewed this product over in my old blog site at https://biscuitsnmakeup.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/sephoras-kick-of-anastasia-beverly-hills/. I absolutely loved used this for that lazy sunday kind of day. This product makes putting on your brows look like a work of art! It is very pigmented and buildable. The powders are very smooth, easy to blend and it looks very natural to your brows. Anastasia Beverly Hills knows how the brows work and you cannot go wrong with it comes to her products. 

In each compact, there are two shades for your brows - one lighter and dark shade. The two shades are to help you refine the shape of your brows so that it looks the most natural and flattering. So with these two shades, you are able to create a gradient brow by adding the brighter shade to the front of the brow where you have the least amount of hair and the dark shade towards the tail or bald spots to add more depth. The compact also includes a small mirror, which is handy to have making this product perfect for travel. There are 10 shades to choose from, being $39 AUD for each. 

Eyes


If you have been following me on my instagram, it would come to no surprise why I had been using these products religiously in the month of January. I am beyond in love with each of these and for good reason! They perform so well every time I use it and I just keep coming back for more. 

Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette in Bloom 




I honestly don't need to justify much for this palette. It's pigmented, buildable, buttery, smooth, what is there not to love? There is a great variety of shades for the warm-tone lovers and there are different finishes as well, rather than just having the all matte palette. After you have swatched this palette of heaven, you won't need any other palette. I have been using this non-stop and I just can't put it down. If you want to know more, click here for my full review and swatches on this gorgeous palette.

Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara


This was another product that I did not expect to love as much as I did in the month of January. I bought it home because it was recommended to me by a friend. I have previously tried the Smokey Eye Mascara by Bobbi Brown before and had loved the formula and the brush was small which I loved. So what shocked me the most about this mascara was that the brush was a lot larger than what I am used to. I have small set eyes and clumsy hands, so this worried me a little. 



After some time getting used to the brush and using this mascara, I had become totally smitten with it. This mascara has only been released for a few months and it has said to provide ...

"high-impact and high-drama in the blink of an eye. The revolutionary jumbo brush fans and pushes lashes up and out, while the rich, carbon-black formula intensely thickens, curls and lifts lashes from root to tip for the ultimate eye opening effect."

This mascara not only gives lift, volume and length to my non-existent lashes, but it also maintains my curl as well! It lasts up to more than 7 hours and it does not transfer nor move. The large brush, if you are careful, covers a lot of your lashes, giving an even coating and minimises the chances of clumping. But honestly, I applied 3 coats to really put this mascara to the test, and there was still none! The formula of Bobbi Brown Mascaras are just phenomenal! 


Kat Von D Beauty Metal Crush Individual Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck



There are 11 shades in the Metal Crush range and the one that I have and love is in the shade "Thunderstruck". Thunderstruck is a metallic pearl shade with slight pink and silver undertones - almost like a duochrome shadow. I picked up this shade is because I had never had the experience of putting a pearly shade on my lids without using fix plus to intensify the colour. One swatch of this and you can really see the strong vibrance of colour popping on your lids. Not only it is pigmented with a load of colour, but it also softens and smoothes the look on your eyes. The eyeshadow is very buttery, smooth and creamy to the touch and leaves behind such a beautiful finish. 




I use this shade in particular on the inner corners to open up my eyes and brighten them up or I use it all over my lids putting on a sheer layer for a day time wear. This shade is just beautiful for any occasion and has been my absolute go-to for the month of January!

Nudestix Sheer Eye Colour in Stardust

I had bought this pencil a few months back at Sephora because I felt like trying something new and Nudestix was new to me. It was a company that I had only just heard of and wanted to try something that I could put my trust in. And I was right to do so. 

This Sheer Eye Colour Pencil is duo ended where the product is on one side and the pointed, semi-hard sponge applicator is on the other. This pencil is a powder pencil that can act as an eyeshadow for all over the lids, an eyeliner or a highlighting pencil for your cheeks, brow bone or eyes. The possibilities of this pencil is just remarkable - similarly like their other products as well. 



It has a satin finish, but this particular shade "Stardust" is a a rose-tone pearl shade that has a natural iridescent sheen to it.  The product is very easy to blend and very much buildable. Once set on the lids, it does not move! You can wash your face while it is still on your face and it will still glow on your skin. The ability of this product enhancing the colour of my lid space is just amazing. You can apply it with the pencil and blend it with your finger for a sheer colour or you can tap it on your lids for a more intense colour. This product is so easy to use that I just do a few swipes and my eyeshadow is done for the day. 

There are 8 shades to choose from and they retail for $31 AUD including the tin and a quality sharpener. You won't find anything like this on the market that can do so much with just one pencil. 

Kat Von D Ink Eyeliners in Black and Brown

I had bought the trio-set during the Christmas season, finding it was the perfect chance to try Kat Von D eyeliners due to the huge hype on Youtube. Yes, Youtube does make me buy a lot of things but I always do my research first before putting my money down. 

Its sister the "Tattoo Liner" was a hit sensation and this had initially sparked my interest if it would perform just as well. 



I had started hating the applicator as it was too stiff and hard to use, as I normally dislike using felt-tipped eyeliners. I much prefer calligraphy like brushes which gives me more flexibility with my strokes and such. But over time, I had learnt how to use it and it grew on me and I had started to use it more and more. It is very rich in colour and it lasts all day! It gives so much drama to your eyes and totally changes how your eyes look which is great! It does not feather into my fine lines and it gives such a smooth application. It is said to be fade and feather proof and has a long wear, which in my experience has been so true! I highly recommend these eyeliners, as they are reliable and long-wearing!

Lips


I am very picky when it comes to lipsticks and for me to recommend four this month is an absolute shocker. But these lipsticks have performed really well on my lips and have surprised me at how much I had wanted to come back to use these products. 


Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Berry A La Mode*

January was full of surprises and this was just another one that I found to really love. The Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick is just sensational and is very under-rated! The formula of this lipstick is intensely moisturising to the lips, while providing a sheer to dramatic colour to your lips. It is very comfortable to wear all day and does not make your lips crave for moisture from wear. It said to smooth the appearance of fine lines on your lips and the glossy finish makes your lips look fuller and more luscious. I am very impressed with what Mary Kay has produced with this product. Not only is the product is great, I am also in love with the packaging. It feels so incredibly luxurious and high-end - something that motivates you to constantly wear it everyday! 

The shade that I got was Berry A La Mode which is a berry-wine shade, but would vary from person to person. I would wear this lightly over the lips for a sheer wash of colour for the day time, for everyday wear. Just a great lipstick, overall. It retails for $28 AUD and there are 13 shades to choose from and there is a great range as well, meaning there is a colour for everyone, with any skintone. 

Dose of Colours Liquid Matte Lipsticks in Truffle and Stone

I had purchased these when I attended IMATS, Sydney last November and DOC was the first store that I bolted for and for good reason. These Liquid Matte Lipsticks are by far the best formulated lipsticks I have ever tried. It is comfortable to wear all day, it is crazy rich in colour, it is full coverage, incredibly smooth and creamy to apply and it does not flake or crack on the lips. 

Ladies, it is no longer a matter if you need these, but a matter of when will you get these! You definitely need these in your life as the texture and formula of these liquid lipsticks are just beautiful. These products product a semi-matte to matte finish on the lips. There is a doe-foot applicator for easy application and each product are contained in a frosted plastic tube with a white plastic lid, which I find to be so eye-catching. Anna did such a great job with her line of lipsticks and I cannot wait to grab some more!

Nudestix Intense Matte Lip and Cheek Pencil in Belle*

Just recently I had reviewed the Nudestix Intense Matte Lip and Cheek Pencil Range on my blog and gave you my full in-depth insights on the products, with swatches. Now favourite shade from the range has got to be 'Belle'. I know 'Purity' is the hot favourite in the beauty community, but Belle is my bae. Belle is described to be a plum, neutral nude shade that fits well into the Kylie Jenner Trend. This particular shade suits almost every skin tone and just looks good for whatever occasion. 

You don't have to worry about this product wearing off because you can trust that it won't go anywhere once it has set on your lips. The pencils are very soft, creamy and smooth to apply and it won't dry or flake your lips. It is said to be water-proof, smudge-proof and is non-feathering. I had worn this for well-over 8 hours and the intensity and coverage of the colour has still remained on my lips. 



I had rarely used this pencil as a blusher as I don't normally wear blush on a normal day. Because this does not mean it does not perform well as a blush. It does it's job and throughout the day, I found that this product had still given me colour on my cheeks. Absolutely great product to have in your purse. 

There are 8 shades available and each pencil costs $39 AUD in-stores at Sephora, exclusively. I would rush into stores and grab your favourite shade in the range, as they are selling out fast in stores. 


That's it for my first episodes of Favourites. I hope you beauties had enjoyed it. These have truly been my go-tos and I have found to be reliable and trustworthy to use, consistently. 

Thankyou for reading!

Disclaimer:
I was not paid or sponsored to talk about these products. This is my genuine thoughts on all the products. This post has not been compensated or compromised in any way. Any products that was marked with asterisks (*) was gifted to me by the companies for my personal use and it was my choice to review and showcase these products because it would beneficial for my readers. My opinions and thoughts have and will always remain true to my own word - based on my own experiences. All the other products were purchased with my own money. All links provided are purely for reader's convenience and information only! 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig